Wednesday 12 September 2012

Old School Favourite....Chocolate Crunch!

We Don't Need No Education....

I was recently shocked to here that my flatmates had never heard of chocolate crunch before. We often had it for desert in my school and my Nan still makes it these days. It is AMAZING- the perfect sweet stodgy treat to cheer you up on a miserable day. I figured that every school served it but maybe it was only my school! For those unlucky souls who have never had the good fortune to try it and therefore don't know what Chocolate Crunch is- It's basically just like a brownie but instead of being gooey its crunchy all the way through and is topped with caster sugar and served with a custard of your liking (we always had pink or yellow!).  You can eat it without custard- If you're weird enough to not like custard that is...


You Will Need:

8oz Plain Flour
4 oz of Butter
3oz Sugar
3oz Cocoa





Method:

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees/ Gas Mark 4
  • Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa together
  • Melt the butter and add it to the mixture
  • Place in oven for 20-30 minutes. Make sure its cooked through!






It's really important that you cut the crunch while it's hot, otherwise you'll end up smashing it to pieces trying to but it when its cool! Once cut, let it cool and sprinkle with caster sugar. Eat as you wish! 

Now do you see what I mean?! How have you never tried this before?! It's so simple and yummy- I order you to go and make some at once!




Cheers M'dears,





Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)