- A jar of Tomato sauce (I used a tomato and chili one!)
- 1 Onion- chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
- 3-4 Mushrooms
- 1 Packet of Mince Beef
- 1 Handful of Frozen Peas
- 3 Potatoes- Peeled and Cubed
- Fry off the onions, garlic and mushrooms until softened and golden.
- Add the mince until browned, add a splash of Wooster source.
- Pour in the sauce and add peas. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes for around 20 minutes.
- Once soft through mash and add milk slowly until it becomes fluffy.
- Pour the meat mixture into an oven dish, layer the mash potato over the top and place in oven for around 20 minutes until the mash goes crispy and golden on top.
- Serve with veg.
You can add cheese into the mash for extra flavour if desired. I like to have a bit of a kick to my cottage pie with is why I wanted to try the tomato and chilli sauce that I used. While the cottage pie had a lot of flavour, it wasn't spicy in the slightest so I don't think I would use the same flavour in the Grossman brand again. I think I'll start a quest to find a well balanced combo jar!
What do you think?