Blood filled Halloween Cakes!
With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make some themed cakes! After some inspiration from a friend I came up with these- Blood (jam) filled cupcakes!
- 6 Oz Self raising flour
- 6 Oz Caster sugar
- 6 Oz Softened butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- Vanilla essence
- Icing sugar
- Tsp water
- Food colouring- red & yellow
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs slowly and sift in the flour.
- Fold the baking powder and spoon a small amount of mixture into cupcake cases keeping half back.
- Then add a small spoonful of jam into cases, covering with remaining mixture when done.
- Place in oven for around 20 minutes.
- Mix together icing ingredients, adding the red and yellow colouring alternatively until the desired shade of orange is achieved.If the icing is to thin to pipe add more icing sugar and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- When cakes are completely cooled ice and decorate as desired!
The fun with the cakes is that you can have whatever grisly toppings you like! It's also a great activity to do with the younger members of the family. It certainly kept my younger brother occupied for a few hours!
Trick or Treat?