Thursday 6 September 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes...

Errrrrm Whats Up Doc?!


Carrot cake is one of my absolute favourite type of cakes- I tend to choose it over chocolate cake quite often! I'd never done them as individual little cakes before as I always make a large one with my Nanna, but I found the cutest little icing carrot decorations and thought that I'd give them a try! 

You Will Need:

Grating carrots is messy!
5oz Self Raising Flour
5oz Soft Brown Sugar
1Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
3.5oz Sunflower Oil
2 Eggs- Beaten
2-3 Medium sized Carrots- Peeled and finely Grated
1oz Chopped Walnuts

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:

2oz Softened Butter
2oz Soft Cheese
7oz Sugar Icing
1Tbsp Lemon Juice

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl
  • SLOWLY add the eggs while mixing ingredients
  • Add the Sunflower oil (I didn't have any sunflower oil so I used vegetable oil- results are the same)
  • Once all of that's mixed together, add the carrots and walnuts
  • Give a good final mix and spoon into cupcake cases
  • Place into oven for 20-25 mins until firm to touch
  • Mix the icing ingredients together until smooth
  • Place in refrigerator for at least an hour
  • Ice cakes once they are completely cooled


I aimed for around 12 cakes but unfortunately fell short of ingredients and found myself with a couple of tiny cakes, so aim for around 8-10 good sized cakes! You need to fill the cakes until they are at least two thirds full. 

These cakes are relatively easy to make so give it a try- The resulting cakes are so worth it!

Cheers M'dears,


Jade


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)