Saturday 1 September 2012

BIG FAT FAJITA'S!

Get Your Poncho's and Sombreros Ready Boy's....

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that Mexican food is some of my all time favourite varieties of food. I love everything about it, the flavour, the spice, even the different colours of it. One of the easiest dishes I make if I'm feeling like a little Mexican are fajita wraps. I've been making them since I was fourteen but have moved on from using the typical 'box' recipe (which can be quite pricey and can limit you in some ways to making boring fajitas) to making them sans a box- allowing you a little more creativity.

You Will Need:

1 Large Onion- Sliced finely
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
4-5 Mushrooms
2 Garlic Cloves - Peeled and Crushed
2-3 Chicken Breasts
A packet of Tortillas
A Sachet of Fajita seasoning
1 Tsp Tomato Puree

To Garnish:
Lettuce
A little grated Cheddar
Salsa/ Sour Cream/ Guacamole- I use low fat mayo if I'm out of everything else!

Method:

  • Fry off the Onion and Garlic on a medium to high heat until soft and golden
  • Finely Slice the mushrooms and add them in with the onions
  • Cut the chicken breasts and add them to the pan- they should be golden brown in colour once cooked.
  • Chop and add peppers
  • Leave for about 3-4 minutes and then add seasoning and tomato puree.
  • Heat tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds.
  • Garnish wraps as desired!

That's it! Pretty simple eh?! You can cook these in a frying pan but I cooked mine in a wok as I think they can be a students best friend, you can cook all sorts in them- Stir fries, taco mixture, sweet and sour chicken...The list goes on!

These fajitas are BURSTING with flavour and so easy to make so you have no excuse not to try them! If your tortillas are too big then do what I did and fold them over making 'fajita parcels', just as nice and you don't get loads of left over tortilla.



Cheers M'dears,



Jade


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)