Monday 17 September 2012

Awesome Baked Cheesecake Brownies!

Sugary Sweet Gooey Things...

I haven't baked anything that could cause a lot of tooth cavities in a while so I figured that I would give it a try tonight, the result was two of some of our nations favourite deserts being combined: Chocolate Brownies AND Cheesecake. Baked on top of each other! 

'Hold the phone!' I hear you say, 'One human being possibly couldn't digest that awesomeness combined surely?!'



Well my doubting friend, you an be assured that at least SEVERAL people can digest such an awesome dessert. In fact my flatmates and I have just proven that it can be done as we devoured the entire pudding as soon as it had cooled to a level fit for safe consumption! And I have yet to slip into a sugary coma!

What You Will Need:

For the Brownies:

2 Eggs- Beaten
8Oz Caster Sugar
4Oz Melted Butter
4Oz Self Raising Flour
3Tbsp Cocoa
3Oz dark Chocolate
1Tsp Baking Powder



For the Cheesecake:

5.5Oz Cream Cheese- recipe found here!
(Just don't include Lemon Juice!)
1.75Oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg- Beaten

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 170 degrees
  • Mix the eggs and sugar together
  • Mix the butter and cocoa together and then add to the eggs and sugar
  • Melt the chocolate and add that in too
  • Slowly fold in the flour and spoon mixture into a LINED tin
  • Now add the cheesecake mixture together and layer on top of brownie mixture
  • Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top layer seems set


It's worth taking note that this is a GOOEY cake- so don't panic if you're sticking a knife into it and its not coming out clean! If you want slightly more of a sponge consistency then just add a bit more flour to the brownie mixture- It may also be worth placing it in the oven 10 minutes before adding the cheesecake mixture on top!




This was a brilliantly messy cake- My flatmates and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The top layer of the cheesecake becomes caramelised from being in the oven and makes it look like a pro restaurant cake- a sure fire way to impress any potential in-laws!

Cheers M'dears,



Jade




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)