This is a really nice traditional British meal that a lot of people will substitute their usual Sunday roast for. On the particular Sunday that I planned to make this, my flatmates were also planning on making a chicken roast dinner, so in the end we combined our resources and had a mega awesome Sunday lunch! Today's post will be about the Toad in the Hole but I felt it necessary to brag about the amazing feast we shared beforehand!
6 Good Sausages
2 Eggs- Beaten
3Oz Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grill the sausages until lightly browned
- Whilst sausages are in grill, mix together the flour, eggs and milk together until there are no lumps
- Chill in fridge for 20 minutes or so
- Heat the oven to roughly 200 degrees and place a little drop of oil into an oven dish
- Place dish into oven until the oil has heated up a bit
- Place the sausages into the dish and pour the batter mix over them
- Put into oven for around 35-40 minutes
- serve with mashed potatoes, plenty of vegetables and gravy.
A good thing about this recipe is that you can just use the batter mix to make Yorkshire puddings for a roast dinner- A fo Shiz way to impress your flatmates!
Did I mention how mice this meal is?! Especially if you haven't been home in a while and you're starting to forget what a roast dinner looks like!