Monday 26 November 2012

Beef Tacos...

Ooh I fancy a bit of that!

First of all, apologies for the lack of posts recently- I hope no one suffered because of it! Unfortunately I've had no time to cook proper food for myself for the last couple of weeks due to extreme busyness so I've been living off frozen leftovers!

Now onto the food- It's no secret that Mexican is one of my all time favourite types of food- I've tried making a lot of it (fajitas and enchiladas for example) but I've never tried making one of the more obvious things- Tacos. I've had them made for me which were lovely but I've never actually made them. Which is why when I saw a box kit for them my immediate thought was 'IT'S TIME.'

I'm going to show you the lazy way to make it today as sadly the busy period is still not over yet (and may well in fact not be over until February!) but there's not anything wrong with using a kit really- They don't give you the tacos ready made do they?!

You Will Need:

  • One Taco supply Kit
  • 100 ml water
  • Beef Mince
  • Onion- chopped
  • 1 Green Pepper- sliced finely
  • Lettuce
  • Grated Cheese

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • Heat some oil in a pan and add the onions. Heat until browned.
  • Add the mince and stir until browned
  • Add a drop of worcester sauce
  • Drain off any fat CAREFULLY
  • Sprinkle in the seasoning and add 100 ml water
  • Simmer for 10 minutes
  • Take this opportunity to heat the taco shells in the oven- they only need to be for 2-3 mins
  • Once the shells are heated through place some lettuce in them and add the mixture. Finish them off by adding some grated cheese on top!


This is a relatively quick one to make for two-three people. I admit that I ate 4 this afternoon (piggy!) and I'm absolutely stuffed! Be prepared though- these can be really greasy, no matter how much you drain the fat of them! I think it's mostly because the shells are quite greasy so don't over indulge. These can also be vegetarian friendly, Just replace the beef mince with quorn mince or use beans and sweetcorn! Yum!



Cheers M'dears


Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)