Friday 30 November 2012

Homemade Italian Beef Stew

Tonight We Are Italian...

Okay so I know this one sounds like it could take ages but trust me it doesn't and the end results are so worth it! It was new one for me and it was really easy to make and it tasted amazing- especially when it was paired with buttery mash! It's different from normal gravy based stew as the sauce for this one is made from a tin of chopped tomatoes.

You Will Need:

Beef strips- Ones made for stir fry are the best
A Yellow Pepper
A large Onion- Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves- Finely Chopped
A tin of Chopped Tomatoes
A dash of Brown Sauce


Method:


  • Heat some oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic
  • Once they've turned soft and golden add the beef and wait until it's cooked through
  • Add the peppers and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 30-40 minutes until beef is tender
  • Serve on a bed of mash







See? Easy Peasy! I have read that you can have olives with the stew for a more authentic Italian feel but I was cooking for two today and SOMEBODY (the boyfriend) doesn't like olives haha!
You do have to be careful if you don't like a lot of juice however as the tomatoes can be a bit watery (I don't mind a bit of juice though!) Have a go for a winter warming dish.

Cheers M'dears,



Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)