Thursday 14 March 2013

Gooey Smarties Brownie!

When I made this brownie I think I was being extremely domesticated, I was making a Sunday roast for two and figured that I had time to spare so I may as well make the brownie too. I must be a joy to live with right? Wrong! I definitely remember fighting my case and making the BF clean the dishes afterward (As he should have done- This IS the 21st Century after all). 
This is a great brownie if your craving something chocolatey and gooey and you couldn't give a rats arse about your figure at that particular moment. Looking back we should have had it with some Ice cream and made up some sort of amazing sundae! It is nice on its own though.

You will Need:

  • 2 Eggs
  • 8 Oz Caster Sugar
  • 4 Oz Butter
  • 3 Tbsp Cocoa
  • 4 Oz Self Raising flower
  • 100g Chocolate- I used milk but you can use dark
  • 3 normal sized tubes of smarties






Method:


  •  Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • Beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl
  • Melt butter and stir in cocoa powder, add to eggs and sugar
  • Melt chocolate and add that to the mixture
  • slowly fold in flour and smarties
  • Place in oven for around 45 minutes





Its a pretty simple recipe and the brownie is quite easy to make. Unfortunately the smarties lose their colour and I still don't know how to keep it (Any ideas feel free to let me know!) The smarties become really soft and seem a bit like chocolate chips! How awesome would this be with ice cream?! Make sure you use baking paper when baking this brownie otherwise it'll fall apart when taking it out of the tin!

Yum!



Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)