Monday 22 April 2013

Oreo Cupcakes!

Hey Sweet Thing!

Does this recipe even need justification?! I saw it  online and thought Oreo's= good and cupcakes= good so why not join them together and get something amazing?! I cant take all of the praise for this recipe because as stated before I found it on another bloggers site and I feel that she definitely deserves some recognition for her awesome cakes so go and check out her blog! These cakes really did go down a treat, I got loads of compliments for them and they were some of the prettiest cakes I've ever made with some really successful crushed Oreo icing!






  • 200g Plain Flour
  • 40g Cocoa Powder
  • 240g Caster Sugar
  • 3tsp Baking Powder
  • 80g Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 200ml Milk
  • 2tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 16 Whole Oreo's

For Icing:
  • 175g softened Butter
  • 350g sifted Icing Sugar
  • 1tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1-2tbs Milk
  • 3 or 4 Crushed Oreo's





  •  Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • Combine all of your dry cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl,
  • Combine your wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together slowly.
  • Place 12 cupcake cakes onto a baking tray and place 1 Oreo into each case,
  • Add 2 Tbs of mixture into each case and then place in oven for around 20 minute.
  • Once they are cooked place them to the side to cool.
  • whilst cakes are cooling, combine your icing ingredients and leave in fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
  • Once cakes are completely cooled you can ice and decorate them!

These were actually some of the best cupcakes I have ever made so I thoroughly recommend trying out the recipe!

Yum Yum!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)