Hey Sweet Thing!
Does this recipe even need justification?! I saw it online and thought Oreo's= good and cupcakes= good so why not join them together and get something amazing?! I cant take all of the praise for this recipe because as stated before I found it on another bloggers site and I feel that she definitely deserves some recognition for her awesome cakes so go and check out her blog! These cakes really did go down a treat, I got loads of compliments for them and they were some of the prettiest cakes I've ever made with some really successful crushed Oreo icing!
- 200g Plain Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 240g Caster Sugar
- 3tsp Baking Powder
- 80g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 16 Whole Oreo's
- 175g softened Butter
- 350g sifted Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2tbs Milk
- 3 or 4 Crushed Oreo's
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all of your dry cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl,
- Combine your wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together slowly.
- Place 12 cupcake cakes onto a baking tray and place 1 Oreo into each case,
- Add 2 Tbs of mixture into each case and then place in oven for around 20 minute.
- Once they are cooked place them to the side to cool.
- whilst cakes are cooling, combine your icing ingredients and leave in fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Once cakes are completely cooled you can ice and decorate them!
These were actually some of the best cupcakes I have ever made so I thoroughly recommend trying out the recipe!