This is something that I've wanted to try for a while. I used an ordinary no bake cheesecake recipe for it and just incorporated crushed oreos and vanilla into it. Its really simple but you need a couple of hours for it to set so don't make it right before you want it (although I appreciate that you'll want to eat it as soon as you start making it!).
- 200ml Double Cream
- 200g Soft Cheese
- 200ml Creme Fraiche
- 2 Packets Oreos
- Small knob of Butter- melted
- 3 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Separate 16 oreos keeping the filling aside for the cheesecake filling.
- Crush the biscuits and combine with the butter.
- Pat firmly into the bottom of a cake tin and leave to set in a fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Whip the double cream until it becomes firm and thick.
- Add the soft cheese and the creme fraiche and whip together until completely mixed in and firm.
- Crush 3 or 4 of the remaining Oreo's (leaving some for decoration!) and blend into the mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence and taste to see if it's sweet enough to your liking.
- Pour over the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour and a half to two hours.
These pictures of the process don't really do the desert justice but trust me it was a good cake!
The chilling bit was the hardest part for me because I wanted to start eating the cheesecake straight away! As I said before this is a good base recipe for any no bake cheesecake just replace the biscuit base and mix in what you want- the challenge is trying to come up with something different!
It ain't easy, bein' cheesy... (sorry but I couldn't resist!)