Friday 24 May 2013

No Bake Oreo Cheesecake...

Oreos go in everything right?!

This is something that I've wanted to try for a while. I used an ordinary no bake cheesecake recipe for it and just incorporated crushed oreos and vanilla into it. Its really simple but you need a couple of hours for it to set so don't make it right before you want it (although I appreciate that you'll want to eat it as soon as you start making it!).










  •  200ml Double Cream
  • 200g Soft Cheese
  • 200ml Creme Fraiche
  • 2 Packets Oreos
  • Small knob of Butter- melted
  • 3 Tsp Vanilla Essence






  • Separate 16 oreos keeping the filling aside for the cheesecake filling.
  • Crush the biscuits  and combine with the butter.
  • Pat firmly into the bottom of a cake tin and leave to set in a fridge for around 30 minutes.
  • Whip the double cream until it becomes firm and thick.
  • Add the soft cheese and the creme fraiche and whip together until completely mixed in and firm.
  • Crush 3 or 4 of the remaining Oreo's (leaving some for decoration!) and blend into the mixture.
  • Add the vanilla essence and taste to see if it's sweet enough to your liking.
  • Pour over the biscuit base and refrigerate for an hour and a half to two hours.



These pictures of the process don't really do the desert justice but trust me it was a good cake!


The chilling bit was the hardest part for me because I wanted to start eating the cheesecake straight away! As I said before this is a good base recipe for any no bake cheesecake just replace the biscuit base and mix in what you want- the challenge is trying to come up with something different!

It ain't easy, bein' cheesy... (sorry but I couldn't resist!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)