Tuesday 18 June 2013

Yummy Blueberry Muffins!

Have your cake and eat it!


This was a recipe that I found and tweaked, it originally called for nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda but I used cinnamon and baking powder instead and I think they came out a treat! I think using berries instead of chocolate in cakes every now and again is a refreshing change (plus if it's got fruit in it you don't have to feel guilty for eating more than one right?!).







  • 4oz Plain flour
  • 4oz Butter
  • 2½oz Caster Sugar
  • Eggs
  • 1½ tsp Baking Powder
  • 4½oz Blueberries
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon 
  • Tsp milk








  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
  • Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
  •  Beat the eggs and add to mixture.
  • Mix in the milk.
  • Sift in the baking powder, cinnamon and flour and stir until the mixture is smooth.
  • Add the blueberries to the mixture and separate into muffin cases
  • Sprinkle caster sugar over the top of each case and place in oven for around 30 minutes, making sure that each muffin is cooked through.


Not to toot my own horn but these were really tasty! The perfect Sunday afternoon treat (because Sunday was the day I made them- you can have them any day haha!) Make these for your parents and I can guarantee that they will be impressed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)