Wednesday 28 August 2013

Lunch at Cafe Ffwrwm, Caerleon...

A sunny afternoon in Caerleon...


Since I've been living back at home for a few weeks I thought it was time to reacquaint myself with my home village. One of my favourite places to go when it's sunny in Caerleon is the Ffwrwm because of its cute little shops and all of the locally crafted sculptures. We had a few great sunny days last week giving myself and James the opportune moment to pop in for a visit.

After a bit of a depressing trudge around Newport City Centre during the morning we ended up at the Ffwrwm around lunchtime and as soon as we could smell the food coming from 'The Snug Restaurant at Cafe Ffwrwm' (a bit of a mouthful!) we knew we were staying put for some food!

I chose the Tuna Mayo sandwich at £4.20
It came accompanied with some coleslaw and crisps. The coleslaw must have been homemade because it was so creamy and flavourful. Easily some of the best coleslaw I've ever eaten. I'm fairly sure that the restaurant may have made their own mayo as well because my sandwich was amazingly creamy!



James went for the Ham and Cheese baguette again at £4.20
The baguette again came accompanied with crisps and more of the delicious coleslaw (which was unfortunately a bit wasted on James as he hates the stuff). He enjoyed his baguette and said that the ham tasted of good quality. He was keen to eat as soon as the food arrived and picked out the tomatoes before I could take the picture!


If you happen to find yourself in Caerleon Village anytime soon then I definitely recommend that you pop into the Ffwrwm, for the food if not the cultural aspects of it!


-
Want to know more about Cafe Ffwrwm?

High St  Caerleon,
Newport,
Gwent
NP18 1AG
Tel: 01633 430238


Web: http://www.thesnugcaerleon.co.uk
Email: enquiries@thesnugcaerleon.co.uk
Instagram: @thesnugrestaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)