Lets kick off where I began...
The basic recipe for Cupcakes is so easy that you'll kick yourself if you haven't tried it before. Even the most hideous cupcakes are good cupcakes and the great thing is that if you are low on cash they make kick ass birthday presents (but these ones you will have to make pretty I'm afraid).
6 Oz Caster Sugar
6 Oz Softened Butter
Tsp Baking Powder
3 Oz Cocoa Powder (if making chocolate cakes)
12 Cupcake cases
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees or Gas mark 4
- Mix the butter and sugar together
- Sieve flour into mixture
- Beat eggs and add SLOWLY while still mixing
- Add the baking Powder and Cocoa (if making chocolate cakes)
- Put around a tbsp of cake mixture into each cupcake case
- Put in oven for 10- 15 minutes
|Kitchen Blunder: Always add a bit of baking powder- especially with chocolate cupcakes. Otherwise you get these sunken disasters which you have to hide with lots of icing!|