Friday 12 October 2012

Smarties Cookie Cakes....

All the Colours of the Rainbow, Well a few of them anyway!


Well what a bust first few weeks of uni I've had! When I haven't been given audio to record and edit, I've had to write about audio I've listened too. I've also been to a radio training day where a lot of people in the radio industry came in to tell us about their jobs (ahem Capital FM presenters!)  The talk was interesting, the FREE buffet was AMAZING. I would have taken pictures of the quiches that I devoured but I didn't want to appear unprofessional (crazy) in front of my radio peers.

This is an attempt at some form of apology for the lack of posts in the last few weeks! Back onto why we are really here... I wanted to make some cookies and I was in the mood for some smarties. A sudden Idea came to mind: WHY NOT MIX THE TWO?! I've had the 'Proper Smarties cookies' before but I'm a poor student and you'll end up with about twenty cookies for the same price range as you would for 5 of the 'proper' ones.




You Will Need:

9 oz Butter
10 oz Caster Sugar
12 oz Plain Flour
1 Egg- Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Baking powder
2 Tubes of Smarties

Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
  • Bash all of the cookie ingredients together
  • Place them in balls quite far apart on a baking tray as they spread a lot when cooking (you should get around 20 good sized cookies)
  • Push your smarties into the shaped dough
  • Place into oven for around 15 minutes until golden and firm around edges
As you may or may not see, I ran out of smarties as I only bought one tube (big mistake!). For the rest of the cookies I chopped up a chocolate bar and pushed the bits onto the dough. I never make flat cookies as I find them quite boring and mistakes like the one in the picture below always happen. So I make cookie cakes! They taste nicer because they are soft anyway!


Make sure that a) You space them out enough and b) You buy enough smarties! 
Second Blunder: Make sure that ALL cookie cakes are cooked through!



This recipe is great if you just want to make plain cookies -or if you want to use alternatives to smarties!

Cheers M'dears,




Jade


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go oooooon tell me what you think :)