3 Eggs- Beaten
6 Oz Self Raising flour
6 Oz Caster Sugar
6 Oz Butter- Extra needed for icing!
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Milk
And whatever Icing you want! I chose white ready to roll fondant icing so that I could draw on it!
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 4
- Combine sugar and butter together in a bowl until its all mixed together in a soft paste
- Add the eggs slowly to the mixture
- Add milk and vanilla essence and then slowly add the flour
- Place mixture into two S-M cake tins and bake ONE AT A TIME for around 20-25 minutes each until they are firm to touch
- Once cooled make up some Butter Icing and spread over one of the cakes
- Spread jam over the other and sandwich them together
- Decorate how you want- If using fondant incing then make sure that you put a thin layer of jam over the top of the cake so that it sticks!
I was given lots of compliments for this cake so it must have been good! I thought so anyway - They may have just been being polite (I sincerely hope not haha!). Cooking this cake is easy- the decorating of it is the hard part! I'm not artist so I just had to settle with drawing his age on the cake and drizzling some melted chocolate over the top (along with some failed musical notes that I drew).This is a good recipe for any occasion really- It's all down to decoration. It's also good for if you just fancy a bit of Victoria sponge!