So Are These Late OR Really Early?!Picture this, warm fire, Christmas songs in the background and everyone saying how kick ass you are because you've just made the most awesome reindeer cupcakes. Yes, it's been that time of year again- Christmas. I actually made these cakes at the appropriate time beforehand but I've been a very lazy blogger recently (perhaps indulging in a little too much festivity!) and therefore I've not had much choice and have had to post AFTER Christmas!
You will need:The usual cupcake ingredients-
6 oz Self Raising Flour
6 oz Caster Sugar
6 oz Softened Butter
3 Beaten Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Baking Powder
For decorations you need-
Some Softened Butter
2/3 Curly Wurly Bars
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the wet ingredients for the cupcakes together and then slowly sift in the flour.
- Put 2 table spoons of the mixture into some cupcake cases- should make about 10.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once cakes are cooked, leave them too cool for about 30 minutes before you decorate them.
- To make the reindeer's face make up your butter and icing sugar together until they are sweet enough to your liking, then smear onto each cake. Use the mini smarties for eyes and the bigger smarties for noses. Cut the curly Wurly bars into quarters and use them for the horns!
That's it- they're quite simple to make! Be sure to look for a red smartie to make Rudolph too! I'll definitely be making them again next Christmas and perhaps I'll manage to post about them in time as well!